Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the amazing FernLeaf Community! We are a fun loving, positive, and cohesive group of educators committed to the FernLeaf Mission. We value, respect, and support each other in everything we do which is a part of what makes FernLeaf an awesome place to work. From our incredible calendar to our noon dismissal every Friday, we are intentional in our school design to make sure our staff feels supported. Check out what some of our current FernLeaf staff have to say about their experience here!
Available positions for the 2017-2018 School Year:
- K-5 Classroom Teachers - Current NC License preferred though not required
- Exceptional Children Teacher Assistant
Wondering how our benefits stack up? Here are a few of the perks of being a FernLeaf Educator beyond the amazing school culture:
- Noon dismissal every Friday for collaborative planning, staff meetings, and trainings
- Healthy snacks provided every Monday morning and Friday afternoon (no doughnuts in the workroom here!)
- Staff wellness initiatives including massage days, delicious lunches, and more!
- Regular staff outings
- Annual staff retreats
- State Salary Schedule for Teachers
- State Health Plan (Full Time Employees)
- Extraordinary 401K benefit that exceeds the benefits of The State Employee's Retirement System. FernLeaf's program is exceptional for any industry, let alone education! How do we do this?
- FernLeaf provides a 9% contribution. This is not a match, it's a guaranteed contribution!
- We encourage staff to contribute 6% which is the mandatory employee contribution in the State Retirement System that people are used to.
- FernLeaf hires professional financial advisers to help staff who have been in the retirement system, as well as those who haven't, understand how this can work better for them than the State Retirement System and to help them plan for retirement.
- Life Insurance
- Dental, Vision, and other supplemental insurance options.
The art of working with children is nuanced and complex in any setting, but especially so in a growing public charter school. Moving into our 3rd year of operation, FernLeaf is constantly looking for people who intuitively understand the differences between working at an established school and building an amazing new learning environment from the ground up. If you believe you have the interest, the passion, the drive, the creativity, and the patience to be a part of the FernLeaf team as we create wonderful new experiences for children, we’d love to hear from you!