Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the amazing FernLeaf Community! We are a fun loving, positive, and cohesive group of educators committed to the FernLeaf Mission. We value, respect, and support each other in everything we do which is a part of what makes FernLeaf an awesome place to work. From our incredible calendar to our noon dismissal every Friday, we are intentional in our school design to make sure our staff feels supported. Check out what some of our current FernLeaf staff have to say about their experience here!
- Exceptional Children Teacher - Want to be a part of one of the most amazing EC Teams out there? FernLeaf has an immediate opening for a full time EC Teacher to join an incredibly smart, compassionate, and committed group of people currently serving students in Kindergarten through 6th grade in a variety of settings. Since FernLeaf is growing each year through high school, numerous teaching and leadership opportunities working with a wide array of students and staff in different capacities and settings will unfurl over time. Now is a great time to get your foot in the door and help FernLeaf grow!
- Classroom Teachers Grades K-7 - Want to be a part of FernLeaf’s incredible elementary program, help with the continued growth and development of our amazing middle grades, or play a role in the design and development of an important new high school program? Now is a great time to get your foot in the door and help FernLeaf grow! We believe in hiring the right people first, and then moving all of our human resources around in a way that best serves our students, their families, and our staff. To that end, we do not advertise specific grade levels or subjects for our highly sought after K-7 teaching positions during the hiring process. If you're a good fit for FernLeaf, we'll find the right fit for you! Since FernLeaf is growing each year through high school, numerous teaching and leadership opportunities working with a wide array of students and staff in different capacities and settings will unfurl over time. There’s no better time to join our incredible team than now!
- Substitute Teachers - We are always on the lookout for fascinating people that want to be a part of the FernLeaf Community and have the flexibility to slide in when needed.
Don't see any opportunities that apply to you but feel like you'd be a good fit at FernLeaf? Please drop us a line as we love meeting new people who are thinking about the future!
There are two steps to apply for a position at FernLeaf:
Wondering how our benefits stack up? Here are a few of the perks of being a FernLeaf Educator beyond the amazing school culture:
- Noon dismissal every Friday for collaborative planning, staff meetings, and trainings
- Healthy snacks provided every Monday morning and Friday afternoon (no doughnuts in the workroom here!)
- Staff wellness initiatives including massage days, delicious lunches, and more!
- Regular staff outings
- Annual staff retreats
- State Salary Schedule for Teachers
- State Health Plan (Full Time Employees)
- Extraordinary 401K benefit that exceeds the benefits of The State Employee's Retirement System. FernLeaf's program is exceptional for any industry, let alone education! How do we do this?
- FernLeaf provides a 9% contribution. This is not a match, it's a guaranteed contribution!
- We encourage staff to contribute 6% which is the mandatory employee contribution in the State Retirement System that people are used to.
- FernLeaf hires professional financial advisors to help staff who have been in the retirement system, as well as those who haven't, understand how this can work better for them than the State Retirement System and to help them plan for retirement.
- Life Insurance
- Dental, Vision, and other supplemental insurance options.