Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the amazing FernLeaf Community! We are a fun loving, positive, and cohesive group of educators committed to the FernLeaf Mission. We value, respect, and support each other in everything we do which is a part of what makes FernLeaf an awesome place to work. From our incredible calendar to our noon dismissal every Friday, we are intentional in our school design to make sure our staff feels supported. Check out what some of our current FernLeaf staff have to say about their experience here!
Available positions for the 2019-2020 School Year:
- Part Time Academic Interventionist - The primary role of the Academic Interventionist is to improve the academic achievement of struggling students by providing intensive interventions to small groups and/or individuals while ensuring that children's innate love of learning and enjoyment of school is preserved. The Academic Interventionist also provides support to school staff by developing and implementing school-wide intervention approaches, strategies, and initiatives.
- Part Time After School Program Assistant - FernLeaf's After School Program Assistant will support the implementation and development of our After Care program. This incredible person will collaborate with the After School Coordinator in implementing a wide array of activities and experiences for students after school. In short, they will help make FernLeaf an awesome place for kids to engage after the close of the school day!
- Part Time Electives Instructors - FernLeaf is looking for amazing educators to support our 5th and 6th Grade elective course program for the 2019-2020 school year. We are actively seeking instructors in the areas of Foreign Language, STEM, and Environmental Education, but are also interested in other exciting topics you may have to offer. Classes are 50 minutes in length and are taught 4 days/week Monday - Thursday. Instructors are paid an hourly rate. These positions are a great opportunity for people with unique skill sets who may also have other jobs and as a way for people to get their foot in the door at FernLeaf as we continue to grow from serving students in grades K-6 to K-12 over the next 7 years. Contact Molly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Substitute Teachers - We are always on the lookout for fascinating people that want to be a part of the FernLeaf Community and have the flexibility to slide in when needed.
Don't see any opportunities that apply to you but feel like you'd be a good fit at FernLeaf? Please drop us a line as we love meeting new people who are thinking about the future!
Wondering how our benefits stack up? Here are a few of the perks of being a FernLeaf Educator beyond the amazing school culture:
- Noon dismissal every Friday for collaborative planning, staff meetings, and trainings
- Healthy snacks provided every Monday morning and Friday afternoon (no doughnuts in the workroom here!)
- Staff wellness initiatives including massage days, delicious lunches, and more!
- Regular staff outings
- Annual staff retreats
- State Salary Schedule for Teachers
- State Health Plan (Full Time Employees)
- Extraordinary 401K benefit that exceeds the benefits of The State Employee's Retirement System. FernLeaf's program is exceptional for any industry, let alone education! How do we do this?
- FernLeaf provides a 9% contribution. This is not a match, it's a guaranteed contribution!
- We encourage staff to contribute 6% which is the mandatory employee contribution in the State Retirement System that people are used to.
- FernLeaf hires professional financial advisors to help staff who have been in the retirement system, as well as those who haven't, understand how this can work better for them than the State Retirement System and to help them plan for retirement.
- Life Insurance
- Dental, Vision, and other supplemental insurance options.